One of the major reasons people fail to find happiness or to create that unique lifestyle they dream about is because most have not mastered the art of being. While we are home our thoughts are still absorbed with solving the challenges we face at the office. And when we are at the office we find ourselves worrying about problems at home. We go through the day without really listening to what others are saying to us. We may be hearing the words, but we aren't absorbing the message. As we go through the day we find ourselves focusing on past experiences or future possibilities. We are so involved in yesterday and tomorrow that we never even notice that today is slipping by. We go through the day rather than getting something from the day. We are everywhere at any given moment in time except living in that moment in time. Practice being wherever you are. If you are talking with a family member, friend or fellow employee give them 100%. Learn to focus on the current moment, and drawing from it all of the substance and wealth of experience and emotions that it has to offer. Lifestyle is not something we do; it is something we experience. And until we learn to be there in the moment, we will never master the art of being.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Lets see... I was 12, probably had some kind of attitude problem; I was in Jr high and probably hanging out with my friends
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today? 1- Get gas on my way to work 2- Go to work 3- plan something for activity days 4- purchase stuff to make the candles I planned for activity days 5- make dinner
3. Snacks I enjoy: Popcorn mixed with M&M'S, Pepsi, Sprees, Chips & Salsa, A bowl of cereal...
4. Places I've lived: Layton, UT Bakersfield, UT Clinton, UT Florence, CO Penrose, CO Canon City, CO Fruit Heights, UT
5. Five things I'd do if I were a billionaire: 1- Move my parents back to Utah 2- Buy a house 3- Buy a car 4- Buy a personal trainer 5- Invest my money, and live of the daily interest...
A LIST OF 8
8 TV shows I love to watch: 1- Gilmore Girls 2- Chuck 3- Deal or no deal 4- What not to wear 5- John & Kate + 8 6- Disney Channel 7- re-runs of Full House 8- re-runs of Home Improvement
8 favorite places I love to eat: 1- Red Robin 2- Costa Vida 3- Texas Road House 4- The Pizza Factory 5- Aunt Debbies Gourmet Sunday Dinner 6- Charleys 7- Olive garden 8- Pepperbellys
8 things that happened yesterday: 1- Went to work 2- Cut Bobbie's hair 3- Cut Carlye's hair 4- Got to talk to my mom for over an hour 5- Fell asleep pretty early 6- Made home-made Pizza for dinner 7- Watched wedding singer 8- Wrote a letter to my brother on a mission
8 things I look forward to: 1- Buying a house 2- Christmas 3- Being a mom 4- Seeing my parents over Thanksgiving 5- Seeing my husband tonight after work 6- Getting a new car 7- Getting out of debt 8- Stake camp
8 things on my wish list: 1- A baby 2- A new bedroom set 3- New couches 4- A baby 5- A week long island get-away 6- New Clothes 7- A baby 8- My hair to grow out...
1. DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR SCHOOL? I dated a lot in High school.
2. WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE? I drove a 93’ Suburban... It was gray with so sweet pin striping… We all called it the Burby.
3. DID YOU PASS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST YOUR FIRST TRY? Yes
4. WHERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL? More so before High school(I know scary)… I had great friends in High School…
5. WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT? Better believe it… I remember giving my sis-in-law Caroline “flirting lessons.”(guess it worked…!)
6. WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR? Um… NO! I have no musical talent…!
7. WERE YOU A NERD? No
8. WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS? I was the 1st basemen(girl) and the back up varsity pitcher on the varsity softball team (best team I ever played on);
9. DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED/EXPELLED? No
10. CAN YOU STILL SING THE FIGHT SONG? No?
11. WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS? My mom,& Mr. Anderson.
12. WHERE DID YOU SIT FOR LUNCH? My Group would get together and go to someones house, and their mom had lunch ready for us... Seriously sometimes it would be better than going to any resturant...
13. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S FULL NAME? I Had 4… Clearfield High,UT (Before we moved) Florence High, CO ; Canon City High School (for like 2 months). And American High School based out of Ill. When I decided that I preferred the homeschool thing…
14. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S MASCOT AND COLORS? Clearfield was a Falcon(Green & White); Florence was a Husky(Blue & Yellow) and Canon City was a tiger. (Black & Gold)
15. DID YOU GO TO HOMECOMING AND WITH WHO? Yup all 3 years! Sophomore year-Mike Sperry Junior year- Matt Kempton Senior year-Rueben Collett
16. IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WOULD YOU? No, I am pretty comfortable & happy where my life has taken me to this point…
17. WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS? Nope
18. HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE HIGH SCHOOL? HAHAHA Yes..!
19. WHO WAS YOUR PROM DATE? I went my Sophmore year with Matt Kempton
20. DID YOU HAVE A JOB IN HIGH SCHOOL? Pizza Hut & Big Burger World.
1. Where did you meet? Dan and I met at his friends house, A friend set us up!! Thank you Amber…
2. How long did you date before you got married? We dated for about 6 months when he proposed, and it was about 2 months until we got married.
3. How long have you been married? On December 10th it will be 3 years.. (seriously) I can't believe that it’s already been that long…
4. What does he do that surprises you? Lets just say that everyday is an adventure…! Dan has the best sense of humor, he always has something funny to offset ANYTHING you say.
Dan also has the greatest knowledge of the gospel; I am constantly in aww of his knowledge and the love that he has to continue to gain that knowledge...
5. What is your favorite feature of his? Dan has the most fierce blue eyes, seriously SO HOT!!!
6. What is your favorite quality of his? Dan is a hard worker; he is always cleaning up our house, and always has a list of what he can do next… My mom loves it when he comes to visit, because she knows that he wont sit down for longer than 20 minutes before he is up doing something productive.. I am so grateful for everything he does for our little family!
7. Does he have a nickname for you? He has a few, but the most common are Gus & Raggie.
8. What is his favorite color? Dan doesn’t really have a favorite color.
9. What is his favorite food? Anything with meat & potatoes..
10. What is his favorite sport? His first choice would be rodeo (he says this is a sport). He also wrestled in school, but lately he has taken up golfing and softball…
11. When and where was your first kiss? Dan kissed me on our first date… I had picked him up from work, and we just went to get something for lunch (we had already hung out quite a bit.) and when I dropped him back off to work, he was already all greasy(oily) from work, so he said that he couldn’t give me a hug and that a kiss would have to do. I thought is was a clever line, Come to find out later he had planned it with his friends the night before…
12. What are the top 3 favorite things you do as a couple? - Working together, Dan and I get along really well when we are working together.
- Working on an addition to our family...;) - Anything outdoors! (we go camping a lot… )
13. Do you have any children? I’m not really sure how to answer this one? I would say it depends on what your beliefs are? But we are trying agiain... Wish us luck...
14. Does he have a hidden talent?
Dan, loves to country swing dance, and he is pretty good... We used to go all the time when we were dating, Can you believe that we haven't been since we have been married!
15. How old is he? 25
16. Who said I love you first? Dan did...We were sitting in his truck outside of my brother Matt's house...
17. What is his favorite type of music?
Dan loves to listen to old man country music…
18. What do you admire most about him? Dan is the single most amazing man I have ever know, I am so grateful for the love that he shows me everyday... Dan has the most amazing qualities and I am truly the luckiest woman to be his wife..